A few people asked if I’d make a more printer-friendly list of my last post. I’m more than happy to! To see original post, go here: http://www.griefbites.com/2020/03/18/50-great-adventures-activities-to-do-while-staying-home-due-to-covid-19/
Here are 50 activities to keep you and your family relaxed and sane during this stressful time. May you enjoy & delight in every moment!
1. Spend time and make memories with your family while home
2. Watch FREE Metropolitan opera: https://www.vulture.com/2020/03/coronavirus-the-metropolitan-opera-to-stream-free-operas
3. Bake treats: http://www.tasteofhome.com
4. Have a tea party: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/how-throw-afternoon-tea-party
5. Call family, extended family, and friends, as well as family and friends you haven’t talked to in awhile
6. Cook something comforting: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cheesy-hash-potato-casserole/
7. Have a game night
8. Play charades: have everybody fill out 3-5 pieces of paper and put an action or a song on them. Then everybody guess what is being played out.
9. Build a fort in the living room and watch favorite movies
10. Finger paint with pudding: https://www.raisinglittlesuperheroes.com/pudding-finger-paint/ Be sure to protect your clothing, furniture, and floors.
11. Watch home videos
12. Make a list of (and appreciate) all the people & good things you currently have in your life
13. Make homemade marshmallows: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/homemade-marshmallows-recipe
14. Read the books you’ve bought but haven’t had time to read
15. Watch online church services, motivational talks, or read inspirational content online: (https://pastorrick.com) Rick Warren … (https://life.church) Craig Groeschel … various TED talks … (https://lysaterkeurst.com) Lysa TerKeurst … (https://christinecaine.com) Christine Caine … (https://www.intouch.org) Charles Stanley … (https://www.familylife.com) FamilyLife … (https://www.focusonthefamily.com) Focus On The Family
16. Have a scrapbook night
17. Take time to thank others: Think of all the family and friends who love you, have invested in you, and have been there for you. Also any pastors, Sunday school leaders, teachers, or bosses who have taught you or poured into your life. Call these special people today and personally thank them for investing in you.
18. Have an indoor picnic: You can even make some homemade lemonade: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/ginas-homemade-lemonade-recipe
19. If you’re married, look at your wedding photos and watch your wedding video
20. Make homemade play dough:
21. Find old mix CDs, records, cassettes, and 8-Tracks and listen to them
22. Have a theater night, talent show, or skit night
23. Watch all those Christmas movies you DVR’d but never had the chance to watch
24. Make shaped pancakes for dinner:
https://www.marthastewart.com/basic-pancakes For pancake art ideas, this is awesome for Spring themed pancakes: https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/home-and-family/recipes/spring-pancake-art
25. Do a themed Bible study: study themes on grief, encouragement, finding God’s heart during loss, requirements for God’s favor, fully seeking God, finances, marriage, parenting, illness, family, love, how to handle betrayal, getting through tragedy, forgiveness, bitterness, Heaven, etc. When you read the Bible with a theme in mind, it further makes the Bible come “alive”…it’s a very special way of drawing closer to God as you talk with Him about all you are learning.
26. Learn a new skill or talent online
27. Call your grandparents and ask them to tell you about their life while growing up, your parents when they were younger, and any life advice they think you’ll need
28. Have a night of total relaxation
29. Dress up and have a candlelight dinner
30. Have a movie night
31. Have a craft day
32. Camp out in the living room
33. Learn how to meditate on scripture:
Did you know that God promises success – to prosper all we do – to those who take the time to meditate on scripture and apply it? https://iblp.org/questions/how-can-i-meditate-scripture Commit to doing this every night and see where God will take you through this exciting adventure. Your life will never be the same! A few other good posts to check out – Billy Graham’s page: https://billygraham.org/devotion/meditate-on-scripture/ and https://iblp.org/sites/default/files/pdf/daily_success_brochure.pdf
34. Spend an evening singing or dancing
35. Have a spa night
36. Remember and appreciate the important things and little comforts in life
37. Organize your home
38. Truly think about life and reorganize anything that needs changed or improved
39. Pray fervently: Prayer can change everything https://griefbites.com/2020/03/17/an-important-prayer-for-hard-times-covid-19/
40. Stay positive during this (and every) trial
41. Play video games or computer games as a family
42. Have a no electronics night
43. Have a chore night – followed with a special treat once everyone is finished
44. Have a “no TV news / no worrying allowed” night – only talk about & do delightful things
45. Make things right with people you know you have wronged, clean out any negative emotions in your life, forgive others, do self-reflection and self-work exercises, be kind to your heart and loved ones
46. Do a fun science project: https://www.today.com/parents/how-entertain-kids-home-crafts-science-projects-t176161
47. Take a virtual vacation or watch a home vacation video: https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-tips/cool-gadgets/virtual-reality-vacations You can also do a virtual tour of several super cool museums here: https://hellogiggles.com/news/museums-with-virtual-tours/. Experience some Disney World rides here: https://allears.net/2020/03/19/take-a-ride-on-your-favorite-disney-world-attractions-from-the-comfort-of-your-home/
48. Do some some sort of exercise indoors each day
49. Toilet paper someone’s yard: just kidding…there is absolutely no toilet paper to be found, much less wasted.
But…if you do happen to have an abundance of toilet paper or food, ask family if they need any. Getting through hard times together and encouraging and loving each other is what family is all about.
50. The most important of all? Spend time delighting in God: delighting in God is absolutely life changing! https://griefbites.com/2016/12/30/making-2017-your-best-year-yet-43-ways-to-delight-in-god/ Developing a love relationship & friendship with God is the greatest adventure, treasure, peace, and joy you’ll ever experience on earth. http://www.peacewithGod.net
We’ll all get through these hard days. When awful thoughts of worry or anxiety pop into your head, whisper to your heart, “It won’t always be like this.”
We each have overcome major obstacles in life, we will press on and do the same – today and always.
Hang in there! Your best days may not have even happened yet. The best is yet to come.
Enjoy God, family, and loved ones and allow this pandemic to teach your heart what matters most. Maybe everything we’ve been living for isn’t as important as we thought it was. Perhaps it’s far past time to appreciate, love, and enjoy the people we love best and the simple things in life!❤️
Gratitude, wellness, & many blessings to you,
©2020 Kim Niles/Grief Bites. All rights reserved.
❤️If you were encouraged by this post, please feel free to share it to encourage others!
⭐️For more encouragement:
❤️Making peace with God: http://peacewithgod.net
❤️Getting Your Breath Back After Life Knocks It Out of You (Kim’s book): https://www.christianbook.com/getting-knocks-transparent-journey-seeking-through/k-b-h-niles/
❤️Connect on Facebook by “liking” page: https://www.facebook.com/GettingYourBreathBackAfterGrief
❤️Kim’s blog: https://www.griefbites.com
❤️FREE YouVersion reading plans:
1. Grief Bites: Finding Treasure In Hardships: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/912-grief-bites-finding-treasure-in-hardships
2. Grief Bites: Doubt Revealed: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/954-grief-bites-doubt-revealed
3. Grief Bites: A New Approach To Growing Through Grief https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/862-grief-bites
4. Grief Bites: Hope For The Holidays: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/1964-grief-bites-hope-for-the-holidays
5. Experiencing Holidays With Jesus: Christmas: http://bible.com/r/3V5
6. Experiencing Holidays With Jesus: Happy New Year!: http://bible.com/r/3Zv
7. Valentine’s Day: Experiencing Holidays With Jesus: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/14059-valentines-day-experiencing-holidays-with-jesus
⭐️All content on the Grief Bites blog and website is copyright protected material. Please ask for permission to copy, use, or print.
⭐️⭐️All content on the Grief Bites blog and website is for encouragement purposes only and is not in any way to be construed as medical, emotional, mental, relational, or psychological advice. We hope to serve as a bridge to encourage others by sharing our personal grief and life experiences. Please contact a qualified healthcare professional, mental health professional, or qualified pastor for guidance and advice.
⭐️⭐️⭐️All websites in this post are not necessarily endorsed and are completely at each users own discretion and risk.