🎄❤️🎄Grief is difficult…and this time of year can be excruciatingly painful.
Intense sadness. Expectations – from others and of ourselves. Trying to navigate through grief as we try to redeem the holidays. It can all be overwhelming.
Take a moment – or several – throughout the day and just breathe.
Pray. God is a STRONG refuge & TRUE Friend.
Be kind to your heart.
Be so very good to others.
When you’re around family who aren’t acting like the gift they are – remember everybody needs love, acceptance, and kindness…us and them.
Love, care, and seek to be a blessing to others.
Remember and honor your treasured loved one(s) who you miss so very much.
Make a great cup of coffee or tea, put on some soft music, get cozy, and just relax.
If you need a good cry, let it out. It’s totally okay to grieve deeply.
Pamper your heart and soul by doing something peaceful and calming.
Enjoy a good meal with loved ones.
Eat some ice cream or a baked good…something to cheer your heart. I’ve never seen anyone sad while eating either.
Feed your spirit by feasting on the Word of God.
Put your pajamas on, wrap up in a warm blanket, and watch a Christmas movie or home videos.
Light your Christmas tree, turn on some soft Christmas music, and share your day with Jesus. I have found this to be the best way to end my day throughout the season.
If there is a special family member who has been there for you, thank them and share with them you need extra love, encouragement, and support over the holidays. We all need trusted family members and friends throughout grief.
I’m praying for all of you and your families!
Lift the burden of getting through the holidays with the help of our Heavenly Father who loves and adores each of us so much.
You matter. Your heartache matters. And God truly cares.
May each of you have a peaceful & beautiful holiday season!🎄❤️🎄
©2019 Grief Bites. All rights reserved.
❤️If you were encouraged by this post, please feel free to share it to encourage others!
⭐️For more encouragement:
❤️Making peace with God: http://peacewithgod.net
❤️Getting Your Breath Back After Life Knocks It Out of You (Kim’s book): Click here for book
❤️Connect on Facebook by “liking” page: http://www.facebook.com/GettingYourBreathBackAfterGrief
❤️Kim’s blog: http://www.griefbites.com
❤️FREE YouVersion reading plans:
1. Grief Bites: Finding Treasure In Hardships: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/912-grief-bites-finding-treasure-in-hardships
2. Grief Bites: Doubt Revealed: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/954-grief-bites-doubt-revealed
3. Grief Bites: A New Approach To Growing Through Grief https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/862-grief-bites
4. Grief Bites: Hope For The Holidays: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/1964-grief-bites-hope-for-the-holidays
5. Experiencing Holidays With Jesus: Christmas: http://bible.com/r/3V5
6. Experiencing Holidays With Jesus: Happy New Year!: http://bible.com/r/3Zv
7. Valentine’s Day: Experiencing Holidays With Jesus: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/14059-valentines-day-experiencing-holidays-with-jesus
⭐️All content on the Grief Bites blog and website is copyright protected material. Please ask for permission to copy, use, or print.
⭐️⭐️All content on the Grief Bites blog and website is for encouragement purposes only and is not in any way to be construed as medical, emotional, mental, relational, or psychological advice. We hope to serve as a bridge to encourage others by sharing our personal grief and life experiences. Please contact a qualified healthcare professional, mental health professional, or qualified pastor for guidance and advice.