Christmas week carries so many tough emotions for those who are grieving. Emotions such as heartache, fear, anxiety, dread, and bittersweetness can be overwhelming. It’s so important to allow family and close friends to help you and comfort you.
Today’s tip for the holidays is:
Allow yourself the gift of receiving help, comfort, love, and encouragement.
- Allow people to hug you
- Allow others to help you through your grief
- Allow others to run errands for you
- Allow others to spend time with you
- Allow others to make the holiday dinner if you don’t feel up to it this year
- Allow others to help you send out thank you notes for any kindnesses others have done or do
- Allow others to help you shop
- Allow others to comfort and encourage you
- Allow those closest to you to know how you’re truly feeling and doing
This is just a short list. Each person who grieves will know what they are comfortable – or uncomfortable – allowing others to do.
Grief is extremely hard work. Be kind to yourself and know that nobody fully has grief all figured out. Grief is like a puzzle and each griever has to figure out what pieces to use so they can rebuild their life and traditions. One of the puzzle pieces is allowing others to help, comfort, encourage, and offer you their love and condolences.
Whatever help or encouragement you allow this holiday season, I truly hope your heart feels hope, encouragement, cared for, and comforted.
May everybody have a blessed Christmas week!
Gratitude & blessings,
©2015 by Kim Niles. All rights reserved.
❤️If you were encouraged by this post, please feel free to share it to encourage others!
💛For more encouragement:
🎄Making peace with God: http://peacewithgod.net
❤️Kim’s blog: http://www.griefbites.com
⭐️Connect on Facebook by “liking” page: http://www.facebook.com/GettingYourBreathBackAfterGrief
❤️FREE YouVersion reading plans:
1. Grief Bites: Hope For The Holidays: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/1964-grief-bites-hope-for-the-holidays
2. Grief Bites: Finding Treasure In Hardships: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/912-grief-bites-finding-treasure-in-hardships
3. Grief Bites: Doubt Revealed: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/954-grief-bites-doubt-revealed
4. Grief Bites: A New Approach To Growing Through Grief https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/862-grief-bites
🎄Getting Your Breath Back After Life Knocks It Out of You (book that shares tips on grief, traditions, & holidays): http://www.barnesandnoble.com/mobile/w/getting-your-breath-back-after-life-knocks-it-out-of-you-kbh-niles/1112403330?ean=9781449725617