Wouldn’t it be nice if life was like a neat little Hollywood movie?
A problem would present itself…there’d always be a short time for the problem to run its course…then there’d be a neat and tidy solution to the problem…everybody involved would learn a powerful life lesson…people would see the folly of their ways and instantly become a much better person…the situation would have a dazzling happy ending…and everyone would get along and live happily ever after.
Sounds nice, doesn’t it? Just writing that makes me wish a few trials I’m presently going through would experience the cheesiness of a Hollywood movie ending!
The thing is, that usually is not what happens in majority of people’s lives.
• conflict happens within marriages and families
• illness sometimes cannot be healed
• a child rebels regardless of how much their parent loves and treasures them
• a person gets laid off no matter how much good they’ve invested into their job
• people are rejected and mistreated by family (and others) no matter how hard they try
• people disappoint us and we disappoint other people
• terrible tragedies happen everyday
We live in a fallen world filled with fallible people…and we are fallible ourselves.
Life can be frustrating.
So how do we change things to make life better?
It’s not what you think…
We think we must change other people or our circumstances to find our happy ending…but the truth is, we must change ourselves and our focus then needs to be:
1. Delighting in God
2. Doing our responsibilities
3. Waiting on God to work in HIS time in HIS way
Difficult to do…Especially when your world around you is falling apart.
We desperately want our situation(s) to change. We want our loved ones to do the right thing. We want a great life. We greatly desire harmony in our marriages, families, and relationships. We want justice for the times we have been wronged.
We want to meet our goals, be successful, and also be valued for our work by our employers and colleagues. We want a better financial situation. We want family and friends to love and value us. In short…we all want the silver lining in every area of our life!
What if we never are given our silver lining? God has one question for us: “If our lives..or circumstances..never change, will we still love and honor Him and continue to be devoted and loyal to Him?”
On the journey to God’s best for our lives, we must first seek God. As we learn to love, obey, treasure, and delight in Him..regardless of our circumstances, grief, or losses…we find He is the true treasure we’ve always needed.
One of the best promises God gives to us is that He will be making up for all the heartache, pain, tears, frustrations, and failures we experience in life.
God is all powerful. Sometimes, He will give us the desires of our hearts here on earth; other times, He has us wait—and waiting is HARD. It goes completely against our human nature and tendencies.
I can guarantee you this: One day, all of God’s children WILL experience the happy ending they crave. God has a purpose and plan through EVERY situation.
It’s our job to love God and be loyal to Him, continue to do our God-given responsibilities, and to wait on Him to work out every intricate detail of our lives.
Lookup: Joel 2:23-27, Matthew 6:33, Psalms 37:4, Deuteronomy 8:2
(From the free YouVersion Bible reading plan, Grief Bites: Finding Treasure In Hardships)
©2014 Grief Bites. All rights reserved.
For more encouragement~
Getting Your Breath Back After Life Knocks It Out of You (Kim’s book): Click here for book
Kim’s blog: http://www.griefbites.com
Connect on Facebook by “liking” page: http://www.facebook.com/GettingYourBreathBackAfterGrief
FREE YouVersion reading plans:
1. Grief Bites: Finding Treasure In Hardships https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/912-grief-bites-finding-treasure-in-hardships
2. Grief Bites: Doubt Revealed https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/954-grief-bites-doubt-revealed
3. Grief Bites: A New Approach To Growing Through Grief https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/862-grief-bites
4. Grief Bites: Hope For The Holidays https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/1964-grief-bites-hope-for-the-holidays