Everybody will eventually have the “worst day of their life”…a day where they lost someone or something that meant the entire world to them.
Most of the time, they woke up to a day they thought would be normal or usual — and then all of a sudden, without warning, the world stopped moving & time froze as they then had to experience & process the most heartbreaking day of their life.
What do you do when these days happen, when deep trials come?
You can’t go backwards — and you can only stay stagnant for so many months or years before you become deeply depressed or despondent.
You will never ever “get over it” & you will never forget, so how do you learn how to live & fully breathe in life once again?
- You take one baby step forward at a time, understanding you’ll fall—and that’s totally okay.
- You develop compassion & mercy for yourself, knowing pressing forward will be one of the hardest things you’ll ever have to do.
- You lean on God and keep your eyes on Him, allowing Him to minister deeply to your broken heart through your darkest days. You realize how much God truly loves you — He’s the only one who can truly be there 24/7 and the only one who has the power to love you completely back to life.
- You lean on your church family, closest family and friends, or whoever else you trust to be there for you. They’ll prove to be incredibly helpful in loving you back to life.
- You look for any and every evidence of HOPE. Life may be incredibly tough, sad, and even terribly unfair at the moment…but today, please know there truly is hope. When you begin to look for hope, you will find it!
You’re going to make it through this terrible time. You may not think you are, but you will. God’s strength and light in you is stronger than the heartbreaking situation of darkness you are experiencing.
When you don’t know what else to do, take one step at a time towards your Heavenly Father. He loves you and He will always catch you! He will never leave you or forsake you!
He WILL help you through your grief experience when you ask and allow Him to.
Seek His heart and help today!
You’re going to make it,
©2016 Grief Bites. All rights reserved.
❤️If you were encouraged by this post, please feel free to share it to encourage others!❤️
⭐️For more encouragement:⭐️
Making peace with God: http://peacewithgod.net
Connect on Facebook by “liking” page: http://www.facebook.com/GettingYourBreathBackAfterGrief
Getting Your Breath Back After Life Knocks It Out of You (Kim’s book): Click here for book
FREE Grief Bites YouVersion reading plans:
1. Grief Bites: Finding Treasure In Hardships: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/912-grief-bites-finding-treasure-in-hardships
2. Grief Bites: Doubt Revealed: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/954-grief-bites-doubt-revealed
3. Grief Bites: A New Approach To Growing Through Grief https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/862-grief-bites
4. Grief Bites: Hope For The Holidays: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/1964-grief-bites-hope-for-the-holidays
Kim’s blog: http://www.griefbites.com/about